1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$300 christmas gift?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Dec 4, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

my mother in law always buys me a $300 christmas gift. can't decide this year. was looking at an oregon grinder, kawasaki trimmer, some other things. any suggestions on other choices?

anyone else have a kawasaki trimmer? quality? the 27 cc. model?
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

what about Sam's club????? That's were i like to go!! :)
  3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Does the organ grinder come with a monkey? you could make some exter cash this winter Ha Ha! I personly need a new chain saw.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Adam, a friend here in town is a Kawi dealer, and I have tried most of the stuff he has in stock at one time or another. The trimmers are well balanced and fairly light, but I have never bought one because my Shins will never die.. :D ..As far as a $300.00 gift from the M-I-L, wow! I usually get a box of golf balls or something..How about an Ebay gift card?? Then you can auction shop and get the equipment you want. Speaking of Ebay, if you weren't so far away, I'd come and get that Dodge off of you! I was going to get a second EZ Dumper in the spring, but could get the whole truck for a little more. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it, though. Good luck with the gift suggestions...
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Get the Oregon blade grinder for $258. It looks like a good grinder and have heard some good things about it from people that have one. You'd still have a little money left over also for something else small. I'g get one of those blade grinder myself but I don't want to spend $258, but it would be worth it.
  6. fga

what's up bill,
    the kawi i was looking at has a 26.3 cc engine.... for $189.99 plus 25 shipping! that's cheap, isn't it? that's alot bigger and even cheaper then my 21cc echo. end of season sale i guess.
    as far as my dump, i've got almost 30 "watchers". but we'll see. i have some local buyers interested also.

out of curisoity, what does the EZ dump handle as far as weight? can you dump 2 or more yards of soil, gravel? say on a 3/4 or 1 ton dump. aren't the inserts themselves heavy? if i had it on a half ton, would my remaining dump weight capacity be..... (1) 80 pound amigo? :)
  7. fga

that's what i'm thinking, but the kawi sounds like such a deal. then have some cash left ovet to get some accesories, like the wall mount line holder for the trimmer line, water jug mount... you know, the little goodies.
  8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That sounds good too. That is a great deal on that trimmer. Its almost too sweet to pass up so you may be better off going that route and getting some accesories like you mentioned.
  9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Invest it and let it grow a little for cash injection into the business latter.
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The holder I use for my trimmer line is a bracket for garage storage that I bought at Home Depot for about $5 a few years ago it holds the 3 pound spools on the end I put a clamp to hold it on.