300 Flyers In 2.5Hrs

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turf Terror, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Turf Terror

Turf Terror LawnSite Member

I used my Honda Ruckus to pass out flyers today...
    Ruckus.jpg
    Fast way to get the job done. I punched a hole in each one and used those bread bag wire twisties to fasten them to gates and mailbox posts. Since I was on a moped, I could drive right up and hang them without getting off the scooter. Targeted upscale neighborhood developments with 80-100 homes.

Here's my flyer:
    View attachment Doorhanger3.doc

Ruckus.jpg

2. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

Hope those houses were far apart, my girlfriend and i this spring put out 900 flyers in 5 hrs, they all had newspaper boxes so that helped and i did hit one mailbox(opps). It only cost me dinner and gas. No actually that seems decent. if i didnt have newspaper boxes it would of taken much longer.

3. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

Flyer looks good!

4. Turf Terror

Thank you...

5. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

your flyers look awesome. did you tie a crate or something to the scooter to carry them?

6. Turf Terror

Yeah...
    I bought a plastic milk crate storage box from an office supply store and strapped it to the little rack above the headlights with a bungee. Tossed a couple of pieces of scrap metal on the flyers....so they wouldn't become "flyers". LOL

One thing I found out afterwards was that the USPS regulations prohibit putting flyers outside the mailbox, on the flags, or on the support posts. I thought it was only against placing stuff inside the box. I asked my mailman about it....since I saw a bunch of political flyers that were taped to the ouside of some mailboxes. He said that they never bother people who put stuff outside...only if they put stuff inside the box. But be forewarned...it is against the postal regulations. Oopsie...:nono: LOL
    Oh well...I got three calls to go give estimates already.

7. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

A post office near me said that the post was OKAY, just not on the Mail Box. Anything in or ON the BOX requires postage according to them. But attaching to the post is okay, so the post office told me.

8. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

i've heard the same thing about putting it on the post instead of the mailbox.

9. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

The mailbox issue is something that is often discussed.......and it always leads to one answer....don't touch the mailbox....its federal property....even though it is so much easier and much faster, its illegal......and sometimes seen as LAZY....

10. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I use my scooter to pass out flyers too! Its cold here so I can only take up to about 200 before my hands get really cold! I can push about 200-400 per hour. Then agian. . .My brake pads may be a little worn :rolleyes: I get from box to box preety fast, Just find the neigborrhoods with set of mailbox's together. then you hit 2 in 15 seconds or 8 in 30 !