3000 Flyers and 1 call!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Mar 4, 2005.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's right....3000 flyers have gone out and I have had only one call, but I am not getting discouraged yet (maybe a little). I know it's still early. I have another 5200 going out today and tomorrow and it's sunny and 66º today. It's still March and really banking on April (14,000 flyers) and May (7,800 flyers). I am hoping that this month's poor response will at least put my name out there.

Somebody give me some encouragement!!!
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

As nice as your flier is I think you will do fine with it...I know it is a little disappointing to put that much effort into something and only get one call so far especially if its 66 degrees.We are still in a deep freeze over here mine a supposed to go out on the 17th of this month but it looks like I may have to push it back a little.seems like every year we end up fighting the weather.Then when it does get nice your so busy doing clean-ups theres almost no time for extra fliers.
  3. student101

student101 LawnSite Member

Don't mean to take this off track and good luck on the flyers you should get good results from that many being put out. What has your experience with doiteasy been like, do they help you set up the site, are they easy to work with. What is the catch there has to be one at that price which seems to be really good.
  4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I guarantee you they're on people's refrigerators. They'll call.
  5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

those were some nice flyers, and I would think people have held onto them. once the Spring Fever hits, they'll remember your flyer and give you a call I'd imagine. in the meantime, they will probably get a bunch of others and compare them with yours, and with you putting in the extra effort to making them professional, they'll probably hang onto yours.
    think positive, and think green (grass and payup )
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Hey walker, how did you end up distributing those fliers?

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hang in there walker talker, marketing is a crapshoot. If this is the first time you've sent out flyers your response may be minimal. But that will increase as you continue to market to the same group of people. The more they see your name the more familiar they become with you. It may take anywhere between 3-6 times for someone to see one of your flyers before they'll respond. Besides, we're just getting into March, plenty of time yet. Good luck and hang in there.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi walker-talker,

Keep thinking positive. You have a very nice flyer and you are getting your name out! You can do it :)
  9. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

They'll call..... nothing more disheartening than sending out thousands of flyers to little or no response. Even though we all know about the 1-3 % response rate , it still seems like people should be calling left & right. :)
  10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I get 90% of my calls from the middle of March until the middle of April. Every now and then I will get some calls that are worth something before that. JMO Good luck, Tony