3000 Flyers one week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coif_kid, Mar 11, 2004.

1. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Basically, I'm doing my business remotely right now. I'm out of province and having other people do the leg work for me before I return just before the clean up and cutting season. Here's the problem... some people are excellent, some are not. One person put out 3000 flyers without me telling them to and they say they got it done in a week. This person goes to school and also has a part time job. I have a strong hunch I've been cheated especially since I've received zero calls. Furthermore, I had another guys hand out 200 and I got 3 calls. Something seems strange. Your thoughts please?

2. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

tough situation . . . all that you can do is ask him.

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

coif_kid, where did these fliers get handed out? There are a few of us here from across Ontario maybe we can help.

4. coif_kid

coif_kid LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I'm in the southern ontario region... newmarket aurora area. I'm thinking of doing spot checks... it's the only way.

5. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

you on average get 2-3 calls per thousand flyers..

6. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds suspicious to me. It is possible, i suppose, to hand out that many in a week, but to already be going to school AND have a part time job...... sounds like you got hosed.

7. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

Always always always spot check the flyer guys.
    If your not there have someone do it for you.
    I saw a guy dump 75 plus flyers in the trash one day
    I picked them up and took them back to my office and waited.
    When he came back and told me he distributed them all and what a great job he did I took the flyers out of my desk and almost beat the hell out of him with them.
    Always spot check, It's your business prospects in there hands.
    MJ

8. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

That is why we pass them out ourselves. We usually get 2-3 calls per hundred. If they passed out 3000 of them you definitely shoud get several calls.

9. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I'm in the process of either doing flyers up myself or going to Kinko's or Officemax to get them copied, wanna do 3000 this year.
    last year did about 500 and picked up 4 clients for work and also got a subdivison for this season.

I figure with 1,000 or 2 ill get plenty of calls, and hopefully new work.
    Matt

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I think having the boy scouts deliver your fliers would solve a few of these problems. A donation to them and they would do a good job.