$30000 salary??

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Class Act, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Class Act

Class Act LawnSite Member

Anybody have employee's making over $30000 a year..If so how many hours a week do they work and what is expected of them??

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

My maintenance leadman makes about that and the foreman makes much more. My service call tech also makes considerably more than that.

The maintenance foreman is in charge of the crew the truck and trailer. He gives me supply lists and I keep him happy. He completes daily worksheets on the accounts he services and I use that information for billing. I inspect his properties and make sure he is keeping the clients happy. The leadman is the foreman's right hand man. If needed he could function as the foreman just not as efficiently at this point but he is better than most other foreman I have had.

The service call tech does improvement work and irrigation repairs, lighting repairs and so on. He also completes paperwork daily to generate billing for the work he has done. He can run up to 6-7 laborers on a decent sized job if needed, we usually run 2-3.

Why do you ask?

3. Az Gardener

The leadman needs some OT to hit the 30-K mark but he does. The foreman and service call guy do it easily with 40 per week. They all work about the same hours 40-45 per week. This wage does not include their benifits either, that would add another 2-3 k per year.

4. Class Act

Just was wondering if for $35000 a four day work week and paid through the winter(even if it doesn't snow) was being shy on my part. Nothing expected but for him to come to work and run equipment....no paper or anything like that...

5. Az Gardener

Sounds more than fair. I will warn you my experience has been paying more wont make the employee any better.

It is hard to find people worth the money they are being paid so when you find them you need to keep ahead of the curve pay wise.

6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

30K! a year for a foreman sign me up but then again I got winter off for school, plus I run a ebay store during the winter, along with the Marine Corps/Army Reserve. Only make about 20K a year. Except 2004, was activated for 8 months, made a cool 40 that year.

7. Class Act

I am a small company. I was just wondering what others did with their employees when the company loses work..Are the "salaries" affected. Is a $35000 a year job that easy to come by....

8. mikecaldwell1204

mikecaldwell1204 LawnSite Member

sign me up for a 40k year job being an irrigation/lighting tech. down here in florida were lucky to make a lil over 28000 with overtime and its expensive as hell to live.

9. Az Gardener

PM me if you are serious about a move. I could put you to work with a little time to get things lined up.

Right now I have an opening for a maintenance foreman that I fully expect to need to train for.

As far as loosing work, what is that? :laugh: My guys are hourly at their choice, we have year around work.

I usually only loose the accounts I want to loose. As of yet I have not advertised, only working from word of mouth referrals. This year, provided I can find above average partners to work with, I will do some select marketing and try and add a second gardening crew.

10. Class Act

Don't be too cocky..I was the same way...The the economy in Mich took a crap..Consider yourself lucky in Arizona