305c cr demo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Sep 25, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

well michigan cat dropped off a 305c cr for me today. i dint get a chance to run it during the day but i still ran it in the dark for the last hour and change.

VERY nice cab ergonomics, a absolute pleasure to run. door slides awesome! windshield slides awesome! side windows can both open and close either way! very comfy seat. i like how fast it lowers the engine rpm's it looks super sleek and sexy and that's all i can find i like about it.

it feels EXTREMELY week even with a small 18'' digging tooth bucket on it. it cant even pull a full bucket of clay with just the arm strengh, i have to curl the bucket to load it. hell it had a hard time pulling a bucket of wet topsoil.

i dont like how incredibly slow the bucket curls, when it gets to the back end of the curl its not a sharp hard snap to clean the dirt out of the bucket. when the bucket gets packed with dry clay and is stuck in i had to curl it forward up against the arm and it has a good "snap" to loosin up the dirt then i could dump it out.

the dozer blade is ok kinda slow up and down, ok tracktive effort. no i take that back kinda poor power when pushing.

the buzzer when tracking bugs the living shat out of me, hitting the switch every time i change directions is a pain.

the swing speed is almost to fast, im still dizzy.

the erops pillar in the front right corner seems to always be in my way. the pillar is big and then the windshield release handle is right there and then on the windshield is the wiper mount. its just a big mass right in the way. i was constantly trying to see around it. literally having to move my head way over to see around it. side and rear vision is great but when looking forward i felt like i was trying to look threw a peep hole. to the point i turned the cab sideways when tracking so i could see the front of both tracks at once.

im not impressed at all with any performance aspects of this machine, the cab is awesome though.(not the visibility though) maybe im expecting to much power and force out of such a small machine and to use to a big pc200 cab.

either way no 305 for me, im going to start to look for a bit larger machines.
    308c cr
    75d
    80c

something along those lines.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Try a TK TB180FR which is in the same class as above, or the TB153FR which is same class as the 305C. The side to side boom is awesome and the TK's power is impressive.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

If we had good support, the TK would be a good choice. Try a Gehl 803 and see what you think - a little spartan in ye old cab, but pretty good stat's and performance....

4. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

Overall similar reaction here:

Machine was very nice, cab great, auto idle a plus. Cold A/C, quiet, smooth.

Blade moved really slow, too easy for me to engage the float option accidentally. I kind of wish that the side boom was proportional rather than just an electric switch on the joystick. Not easy to be smooth.

I thought the machine had nice digging power with a 30" tooth bucket but was quite tippy with any sort of full bucket. Felt very unstable and made me uneasy at times backfilling around an elaborate framework.

Really a very nice machine, but it better be for nearly $70,000. I'd forgoe some of the cab amenities for a real workhorse for less $$.

5. P.Services

dang man who told you 70k, i was told 51k. i couldnt imagine that lazy swine with a 30'' bucket on it. thats a huge bucket for a mini.

6. P.Services

is a kom. pc78 about the same size as a 308? anyone know?

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Something doesn't seem right. The 305C CR is one of the highest spec'd machines in its class, n 24" bucket should be cake, let alone an 18". Not sure what's up.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 305CCR I priced with coupler, thumb and 3 buckets was about 72K if I remember right.

The price was so far out, I never bothered to run the machine. I wish I had though just to see how it ran.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I gave up on specs.LOL

Takeuchi and my Kubota are better than Cat.
    Cat C series are much improved but still behind.
    I like my Kubota so much I would brush my teeth with it if I could get the thumb too hold my tooth brush.:drinkup:

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That's not really true. The 305CCR is right up there with Tak and Kubota on paper and have heard through various accounts that what happens in the field is pretty close to what's written down.

The 305C CR must be a good enough machine for KSSS to even CONSIDER running one, enough said.