30gal drum of Glyphosate?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FL-lawnjockey, Sep 21, 2007.

1. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Anyone in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area that has a supplier? I'm currently buying Ranger Pro at $28 a gal. I had my supplier check on a 30gal drum & was told almost $1300!! The difference being that their supplier gives them a better deal on 2.5gal containers, passing it along to customers....go figure.

I'm fulltime at a condo so I have to deal with yearly budget approvals, waiting several weeks for a check request..etc etc so I'd like to buy my supply at the begining of the year in bulk.
    And it needs to be locally, so online suppliers are out. A quick glance in the yellow pages for Co-Ops didn't help.
    Shop space is limited so a 30gal drum seemed ideal. Maybe I should just grab 6 cases & find a supplier for a good poly drum instead.:hammerhead:

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Be sure and buy a generic glyphosate and you should be able to find it for $15-20/gallon.

Last year we were getting it as cheap as $10-12/gallon, but the price has gone up a little this year.

The last couple 30's I have gotten was a product called Duplikator 5.5. It is a generic Weathermax (48.8%) and I paid 15.99.

I would shop around and wouldn't pay more then $18-20/gallon.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...Are you talking about a 41% concentrate? 15-20 bucks is CHEAP!

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am currently using 48.8% and got it for a little under $16.00/gallon. Go to your local co-op and if they are very big you should be able to get the same deal.

I buy it for the farm and usually buy 2 - 30 gallon drums at a time.

Since the Monsanto patent went off Gly it is now a commodity here in the corn belt. It was even a lot cheaper last year!

5. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

fl
    call 7274490191 ask for rick or cecila tell them joe from 770 sent you and tell them what you want and what $ you are looking for

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Southern Agi is a re-packaging plant in Palmetto Fla. just south of Tampa. They sell Roundup Original under their own name and should have a very good price in 30 gal drums. They Deliver. 941 722 3285

7. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

i just a bought a 30 gal drum g-4 which is 41 % generic 555.00 :usflag:

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Ric!

Where in the heck have you been?

I would make sure and price out the "Roundup O" because by the time you add your surfactant it is usually always cheaper (in our area anyway) to buy a generic Gly with surfactant already in it (which would be like a Roundup Ultra etc).

Just wanted to bring that up! Sometimes the price of Gly looks good...but you need to compare apples.

9. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Something I was going to check on. A quick glance at their site shows several blends to choose from but no prices but they show a Gly Pro generic. There wasn't any answer yesterday when I called (saturday) so I'll try again tomorrow.

Again, thanks everyone.
    Rob

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

rcreech

Most all Genetic Glyphosate will have surfactant in it, unless it is labeled or Aquatic use. Genetic Glyphosate surfactants can and do vary. However for straight weed kill, these surfactants all work the same and give about the same results. I have found exceptions with Aquatic labeled Rodeo, It does seem to give a better kill on Torpedo grass in standing water. I have also found certain Glyphosates give better results when chemical mowing. I am paying about $ 15.00 a gallon in 2.5 jugs for Roundup original with a genetic label. Monsanto still makes most of the Glyphosate sold with genetic labels.