30hp kohler fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Apr 7, 2007.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what the fuel consumption for a 30hp kohler, Just curious as to what it might be and what is the torque rating on this Engine, just bought a Bad Boy Pup and Curious, I know what they say in the sale flyer on torque but just seeing if I could find it somewhere else to verify it.

2. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a lazer with 72" and 30 Kohler I checked it at 1.4 gal/hr.

3. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

OUCH:dizzy:

4. mow guy

mow guy LawnSite Member

I am also curious. Just traded in my Ferris 1500 for a 3100 with 30 Kohler.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I get 1.3 to 1.4 gph with my 30hp Kohler. I'm running a 66" deck on a Hustler Super Z. About $4 to $4.20 per hr with gas prices at $3 per gal. The price of gas is the worst I've seen it for this early in the season.

6. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Ouch!!!! I bet my old 22hp didn't hardly use 1.0 an hour:cry:

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully the productivity of your machines makes up for the cost of fuel. The 30 is not using much more than my 27 last time I checked (1.18 gal/hr). Lots of guys asking about the 30 kohlers on here and I generally steer them away but you haven't had much trouble with yours have you?

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Productivity does make up for it, but I still hate paying more for gas. So far the only problem has been the starter cable came lose and I had to tighten it up, and I changed the wiring harness going to the clutch. I basically fixed it by using liquid tape where it shorted out seems to be holding.I have never allowed water to get into the relays so I'm not sure what would of happened had I not heard of other Hustler owners having trouble. I'm still not sold on the engine yet only 200 hrs.