31 lazer Z dead 5 10ths after delivery

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by gunpowder, May 1, 2008.

1. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Mowed for 30 minutes on the new machine and then it died. Dealer said they "might" get to it tomorrow but the tech is scheduled and the trailer too. They figure it will need to go back to the shop. No Spark. I did call exmark but without getting a meter out we did as much as we could.

I am guessing a module or loose wire... electrical related. Wasn't too happy that it was a 3/4 qt low on oil neither. Exmark wasn't too happy either.

I think I have a record for fastest breakdown...my luck. I bet it will be middle of next week before i get back to mowing.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Your dealer won't supply you with a back up machine to use? Mine will. If they don't have one they will find one.

3. gunpowder

from Indiana

Mower broke down Thursday afternoon. They showed up on Monday afternoon to pick it up. They did bring me a loaner but I had to ask for it. After all it buys them time in the shop if they give me one to run while they debug the problem.

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

at least they didn't make you pay rent. Another brand of mower I used before switching to exmarks, I had to pay a $100 per day for a loaner.

If anything is going to go wrong with a mower it will happen in the first 10 hrs.

5. gunpowder

from Indiana

They didn't mention rent so I assume it is free.

6. YARD FARMER

YARD FARMER LawnSite Member

the coil wire is touching the hold down bolt for the coil causing it to ground out

7. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 LawnSite Member

Just curious on who the dealer is, I have 2 dealers within 25 minutes from home, and another 2 about 35- 45 minutes away. I have had some issues with the one that I bought the equipment from, regarding warranty claims. Told me that Exmark wasn't going to warranty a small problem that was result due to electrical, which was already replaced by them previous day. Then the replacement of a fuse which they wanted to charge me 15 minutes for, @ $75 an hour. I laughed when they sent me the invoice in the mail, that they say it took 15 minutes for replacement!

8. YARD FARMER

YARD FARMER LawnSite Member

Exmark Wont Warranty Any Engine Problems That Is The Enginge Manufacter S Job To Warranty It So If Your Dealer Isnt Listed As A Servicing Dealer The Wont Get Only $ 35 / Hr Shop Labor Rate

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

My auto mechanic told me the lawn mower dealer was too high on his prices. Then he charged me $60 for 30 minutes work on my truck. I don't mind paying the going rate for labor if it is done right (especially the first time). Down time is a real pain. The dealers are not much here for service.

10. gunpowder

from Indiana

Mower is back. My understanding is that they replaced at least part of the wiring harness and a "boot".

I also just now noted that the "2008" mower I asked for is actually a "2007" per the serial number. Even after I told them of that same issue in a previous purchase. I already used it for .5 hrs so I guess it is mine. The owner said they just had the crates delivered and they assumed it was a 2008. Translated: the distributer is dumping 2007's on the dealers and they don't know to check.

I don't think there is any difference between the 2007 & 2008. Last time it happened to me I caught it (the year the cup holders became part of the gas tanks).