315 Mulcher head

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by GMUGNIER, Dec 9, 2007.

1. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

I went for a demo of the 312 and it definitely performed extremely well with a 287B - So I ordered the 315 - it arrived on Friday - will post results after I get to use it. - Also - I found out who makes the mulcher heads for CAT - it is FAE in Italy - any comments on this brand of mulcher?

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

FAE is very good, Cat doesn't buy crap from other manufacturers and re-badge it.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

its gota be better then a fecon thats all i have to say. fecon=sh!t

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I hear Fecon is, or is very close to being a market share leader. I'm pretty sure that Bobcat used them in with the head they just came out with, ASV was using them on their RC100s and just released a proprietary head made by Fecon. They also use them on their dedicated brushcutting machines. I sure see plenty of them up here in Wisconsin. I don't have any specific interest, but what leads you to call them junk? I always like to hear others experiences with equipment. Do you do quite a bit of brushcutting?

5. P.Services

i have absolutely tore a fecon bullhog to pieces in two weeks,i dont think they are built heavy duty enough. i also dont like the design of the drum and teeth. i cant say i have run anything other then fecon every time i get a land clearing job i rent one.(i will run fae the next time) the teeth just dont cut at all its more of a blunt pounding they just hit the wood so hard it blows apart. this takes so much hp and hydraulic flow to keep going. i have heard people say if i swap greenteeth into it its a world of difference. we wont even talk about the ftx90 carrier unit that broke EVERY!!!! day, i didn't run the machine for a full day it broke soooooo much. i will get some good pics of the work and the machine (stuck in a swamp) on here. i did a test of my posting abilities: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=59514&page=30

6. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Well you must not be very well versed in this particular attachment - because there is not a single doubt in the world as to where the mulcher heads are made - and then re branded - you should do more homework before spouting off...

7. P.Services

he means that if it was garbage cat would not put there name on it. he dosent mean that fae doesnt make it.

8. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

O - ok well I guess I just misunderstood - so sorry bout that - but anyway - I can assure you that it is not crap - I demoed the 312 and the attachment that was in use had not failed or broke even once in the 400 hours of use it had on it - the owner said the only thing he had to replace was one tooth because he hit a t-post - no biggie... he said he would buy it again, and again - he loves it...

9. P.Services

are you going to run an aux. oil cooler? do you have the lexan door?

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What I also meant was Cat won't do business with companies products they sell if those products are crap, here our Cat dealership does business with FAE, Allu, ASV, Promac and Stanley, just to name a few names.