31HP Briggs on Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Sep 28, 2006.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

My Exmark dealer said that the 31HP Briggs will be available on the Lazer Z in 2007. I have the 28efi and am happy with it but the Briggs 31 will be around $900 cheaper. I demoed this motor last year only it was on a XS Lazer. Seemed to have a lot of power. Anybody else running this motor on anything?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've got around 300 hours of seat time on a Lazer Z XS. Amazing power and no problems. It is very thristy though.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still not sure but does the XS have the same frame as the Lazer? In other words does a 60" deck have as much trimming ability. I know the tires are larger but I'm not sure what else is different.

4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

XS has bigger frame and weighs about 500 pound more.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

So it doesn't have the trim ability of the Lazer with the same size deck, correct? By frame size I'm not sure if you mean thicker or wider.

6. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Tacoma,
    I have an 05 Ultracut XS 60 with the 31hp briggs. To answer your question yes the XS has a larger frame. It's really only about 300 more. Yes the 60" is lacking in triming edge. Not allot but not what I am used to. If you were buying new (provided exmark gets it fixed) I would opt for the 66" The briggs is a strong running engine. Even with the large pumps and extra weight of the XS it's a strong runner. Rough ride though. :)
    -TAZ

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the Briggs is probably a Mitisubishi, Briggs is partnered with Dihatsu and Mitsubishi for the vanguard line .

8. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

no the 31 is all briggs.a few years ago there was a dihatsu/briggs but it was a tripple and the cost was outa site i sold a few but not many it was one of the smothest engines i ever saw.