31hp Gravely 260z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M&M Mowing, May 6, 2008.

1. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

Hey guys I have two 260z Gravely's with 26hp Kawasaki engines. I am about to sell my oldest 3yr old 260z with 540 hours on it and pick up a 260z with a 31hp Kawasaki on it. Have you guys ever used or had any experience with the 31hp Kawaie? Can you really tell a power difference with them? I would have demoed one out but they do not have them in a 31hp model.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know either but am very interested as well. I demoed a 27hp 252 XDZ Saturday and am probably going to buy one. I'm also looking at the 260 and will get the 31hp as well.

I'm guessing you like the Gravelys from your post. I'm switching from Hustler and Gravelys have been my "most interested".:)

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Our new 160Z has a 25hp kohler and I havent been able to slow it down yet this spring. I would think 31hp would be way more than enough. Honestly 540 hours is nothing. If I were in your shoes I wouldnt sell it to get a new one but thats just me. Now on the other hand if it doesnt have the X-Factor deck then I would get a new one ASAP because the X-Factor deck is fantastic in all aspects. No build up under the deck and it leaves a clean crisp cut.

Did you know Gravely is about to release 2 40hp models real soon? The 66" and 72" will come with 40hp kohlers!

4. ProStreetCamaro

Gravelys are fantastic machines. How far are you from Asheville, NC? I know a great dealer there if your not to far away.

5. lawnspecialties

Unfortunately, Raleigh is at least 4 hours from Asheville.

The dealer I'm talking with seems pretty cool. Although Gravelys aren't extremely popular around here (it's mostly Toro, Hustler, Deere, and Exmark), there are a couple of large companies that run them and they deal with this dealer. They have a large parts selection and the service dept. knows Gravelys well.

I might go all out and buy three machines from them and get that "program" price Gravely offers. If I get a 260 XDZ, a 252 XDZ, and a 148M XDZ, I'll just sell my remaining 66" SuperZ and my 717A.

6. ProStreetCamaro

You will have one awsome fleet of mowers if you do that. :drinkup:

See if you can get a demo on one and you will be sold. I personaly like the 100 series better than the 200 simply because they are slightly more compact and it has a lower seat possition with a lower center of gravity. This is why we bought a new 160Z this spring instead of the 260.

7. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Does the 31hp engine come on the 160?

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Why the switch from Hustler ??

9. lawnspecialties

A 25hp Kawasaki SuperZ 54" XR-7 deck: $8800
    A 27hp Kawasaki Gravely XDZ 52" X-Factor deck: $7800
    A 25hp Deere 820A 54" 7-Iron deck: $7800

SuperZ is now $1000 more than even Deere. Plus I absolutely despise the XR-7 deck. It turns a great mower into a hindrance.

10. ProStreetCamaro

I feel the same exact way but wait till the hustler lovers see this. Im really surprised somebody hasnt already said something. :laugh: