32 and 36in commercial mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adam5557, Mar 19, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

Hey guys! I am a newbie and have done some searchs but would just like a few opinions on what is the best 32 and 36in for your money as i am starting a business and plan to expand to around 30 accounts through next year when i get my license .I am trying to get prices on 32 and 36inch mowers.I went to a place near me and they said about 2 grand for a 32in toro with 10.5hp .Can you guys give me a few prices and suggestions on what i should buy.thanks any help is greatly appreciated.wow this site is the best!!haaha

2. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

sry guys it was a 13hp

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco makes a good solid 32" mower for around 1800, the exmark is a little over 2k

4. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Adam, A Toro 32" was my first mower. Single blade fully adjustable floating deck with mulch plate and 12.5 Kohler. This is a good mower to start with and is great for gated backyards. Mine still ran good when I sold it 9 years later. Then I purchased a new Toro 36" SFS deck with 15 Kohler 3 years ago. Not as easy to squeeze through some of the tighter backyard gates. It has no mulch plate and leaves a strip of uncut grass down the center when mowing too fast on a tall lawn. IMO there are days I wish I had bought another 32. Check out Ebay, and search under Toro mowers for some used w/b's. Good luck!

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro and Exmark make very good belt drive 32 and 36" mowers. Toro has a fixed deck version of the 32 and 36" mowers that is very similar to the Exmark Metro. The only real difference being that Exmark has the ECS and pistol grip controls whereas with the Toro, you can get the T Bar control system. If your accounts are tightly landscaped and you have the budget for it, go for a hydro 32 or 36" mower.

The other mower that may interest you is the Ferris 32" or 36" hydro cut mowers. They have a 13 hp twin cylinder Kawasaki and are single hydros. This allows you to get instant forward and reverse but you have to manually steer the units which can get tiresome as the day goes on.

Good luck

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 32" exmark metro. Great little machine. It can take punishment that other can't.

If you got the money the wright stander 32" model or the wright 32" velke mower are great hydro 32" mowers.

I wouldn't get a 36". 32" can go anywheres.