32" Encore

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cowhopper6811, Jun 27, 2002.

1. cowhopper6811

cowhopper6811 LawnSite Member

I'm looking into buying a new mower. I need a 32" to fit threw the small gates that i have and i can't quite them becuase most of them have gates. I have looked into buying a 32" toro T-bar for 2350 witha a 13hp kawasaki engin, and i also looked at a 32" encore witha 12.5 Brigs & Stratton Engin. for 1999. What mower do you think would be more worth it, Are Encore Even worth looking at?

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I know nothing about Encore never even heard of them until I started reading this forum. Have you measured some of the gates? I think with a 36" wb with the chute up you can get through. I just bought an Exmark 36" wb, and I was concerned with gates; haven't had anytrouble yet.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

A 36" mower is at least 37" wide with the chute up.

A 36" gate can often be 35" between posts, all depends on the fence guy.

If all it will be is a fence mower, better be safe with the 32"er.

4. cowhopper6811

cowhopper6811 LawnSite Member

I have a 36" Bobcat and they dont fit threw the gate thats why i want a 32"

5. grasskeeper

grasskeeper LawnSite Member

I have used the 32" encore and was not impressed. I now have a 32" exmark with the pistol grip and I could not be happier. It has a 12.5 hp kawasaki, rather then the briggs. In my opinion there is no comparision between the two. If you have an opportunity to test out an exmark I suggest you do, it will be well worth your time. Good luck with whatever mower you decide to buy.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I bought a 32" Toro with the 12.5 Kawi. engine last year. It really is a nice machine. It replaced a 36" machine that would not go through those "narrow' 36" gates. Toro does not make a mulch kit for that machine, but I have been told that Exmark has a kit for their 32" that will fit the Toro. I just cut a piece of 1/4" plate and made a cover for the discharge opening and it mulches good.:D

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

encore makes a 32" ZTR now, i have an encore. not the greatest machine out there but it's no crapsman either.

8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore's not that bad of a w.b. I've got a 48" with a 17hp. Cut's and stripes great. Had it 5 yrs. now and only had to replaced the muffler and throttle cable. Not sure about the hrs. bought it used.

If you can get one at a fair price it would be well worth it.

9. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

We have the new 34" ZTR and we like it. It wouldn't be our only machine, but we use it to get into backyards with small gates.

Not sure about walk behinds and older models. This on is brand new and commercial grade. Does a nice job of mowing, but is TERRIBLE on any kind of hill.

10. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

mowingman i have a 32 toro and it came with a mulch plate and mulch blade. As far as the gate thing my dealer said he can get the 36 toro in a single gate you just have to turn it a little. Pluse asa far as the 32 brands I like my toro but scag also makes one pluse other companys. Check them all out.