32" exmark metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joey bag a' donuts, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

I just bought a 32" metro today so I can get into backyards...Is it just me or is thing a real workout to turn around for each pass? Anybody have any tips?

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a belt? If so they are all pretty much like that.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

the 32's from eXmark arn't available with ECS so im guessing its got pistols on it....i personally don't like pistols but maybe your belt is too loose or your brakes aren't adjusted tight enough. If they aren't tight enough it can cause you to have to put more work into turning it as i found out end of last season.....i just finally corrected to problem and it makes a world of a difference!

4. Joey bag a' donuts

It is a belt...Im just used to being able to go into reverse on a dime...with this I've been putting it in neutral and manually pushing and pulling it till Im lined up for the next row...I was kinda experimenting with putting one wheel in neutral for the turn...maybe I'll cut a two pass buffer around the peramiter to prep for the spin. I dont know, thought maybe there was an easier way to do this. Maybe just some practice ey?

5. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I havent used a belt in years but I remember them being very awkward and a general PITA to use.

Any chance you could move up to a 36 Hydro or would that be to big?

6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Go with a 2 row buffer and make life easier.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

should have got a toro tbar 32 instead

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go in circles young man....clockwise starting out the outside and working to the middle. And put a mulch plate on so you can do the circle thing. We ran 32" belt drive Scag units for many many years no problem. I see guys with riding devices behind belt drive units on small yards going like "heck".

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You can however purchase an ECS upgrade kit for that unit. Cost is somewhere around $300.

10. Joey bag a' donuts

thanks for the replys guys. I was thinking about trying the circles. I'll just experiment until I find the easiest way to use it.:weightlifter:by the way, whats an ECS upgrade kit?