32" Exmark Viking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TCTurf, May 26, 2004.

1. TCTurf

TCTurf LawnSite Member

I was just looking at the Exmark website and I noticed the 32" Exmark Viking is no longer shown as an option. Is Exmark still manufacturing this mower?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TCTurf,

The 32" Viking has been discontinued however there are still a few around in dealer inventories.

The 32" hydro is a great little machine however like any model, if it doesn't sell at a certain level it's no longer viable.

Thanks,

Terry

3. TCTurf

TCTurf LawnSite Member

Terry,
    Thanks for the response. Why do you think the mower didn't sell at the level that Exmark had anticipated?
    TCTurf

4. eXmark

TCTurf,

There were actually several factors. I suspect the price point was simply too close to the 36" models.

Terry

5. VT_Grassman

VT_Grassman LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Terry -

I'm curious: what is the difference in the MSRP between the (now discontinued) Viking 32 and a 36 TTHP?

Is there any way you can find if there are any Viking 32's still in dealer inventory in the New England area? My dealer has none and (understandably) wasn't too interested in looking since he has quite allot of TT's on hand.

6. eXmark

VT,

The MSRP for the Viking 32 was $3999, for the Viking 36 $4299 and for the TTHP 36 $4699.

I did some checking and while we don't know the inventory of each and every dealer I do know that finding a 32" Viking on the east coast is going to be tough. It just doesn't look like there are any left.

Thanks,

Terry

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow that 32" Hydro shure was a short lived model.

8. TCTurf

TCTurf LawnSite Member

I know. I bought one last year and use it where I can't get a 48" walk behind mower. I'm surprised the mower didn't sell better for this reason. I've always thought there was a market for this size deck. The only problem I have encountered with the mower is the fixed deck. Most of the areas I mow with it are uneven and sloped. Given the weight of the deck and the ECS handle position, it's easier to scalp the ground in areas where I need to raise the deck a little. I wonder if a floating deck like on the 36" turf tracer model would do a better job? Maybe this is what Exmark has in mind for this part of the market.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

TCTurf,

I cant see how its possible to scalp with a 32" Mower when cutting at professional 3"+ turf height. There is NO side to side overhang. I can't see how a floating deck would be of any advantage here.

Basically what you have is a BIG 21" push mower. Cant scalp a push mower, right?

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

If you're Going to Spend that Kind of $$$ for a 32" you don't want a Budget Feature like a fiXed deck...

They should have made a 32" TTHP & it could have been the Ultimate Trim Mower.