32" Hydro Floating Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, May 17, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

Is there a 32" WB floating deck hydro available. The smallest I can find is 36". Would love one for small gates. Toro has 32" floating deck gear, no hydro. Exmark only has fixed deck 32" gear. Any other company have one?

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I have a scag 32" belt, i tried to order extra belts and scag told my dealer they never made a 32" w/b. Well i guess there pretty rare i have never seen another.:rolleyes:

3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Scag makes a 36'' dual hydro floating deck.The only company that I know of that makes a dual hydro 32'' is Ransomes.I'm not sure if it is a floating deck,and I doubt it.My 36'' dual hydro scag has a fixed deck and does VERY little scalping becouse it is a small deck.I don't think you will have any scalping problems with a fixed 32''.

email me at freshcut@mail.com if you have any more questions of this nature,I would be more than hapy to help!

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The only reason I would want a floating deck on a 32-36" would be for easier height of cut changes. The actual floating action would rarely, if ever, come into play.

I have seen a few 32" SCAG's before, don't think they have made them for quite a few years. They would be great for those 33" gates that the 36" mowers cant do.

5. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Actually changing the heighth setting on my scag is very easy!Pull at the top of each caster take or add a washer on the top or bottom to raise or lower.My 36'' deck is easy to lift to do that and is not too bad when you consider that you only have to do the heighth change on the fron 2 casters,with a fully floating deck you have 4 pins to remove and relocate,so it may end up being just as quick.

Your choice though....you decide.

I do wish scag made a 32'' dual hydro!Even with a 36 their are gates that are too small.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

With a fixed deck WB, if you are only changing front caster spacers, you are only changing the front deck pitch. It is possible to get about two heights on my SCAG before the pitch goes way positive or way negative to give a proper cut. Any other height changes you will have to change blade spacers or rear deck mounting bolts. Both are very time consuming compared to a few pins on a floater. I dont change height, so I worry about none of this!! ;)

7. casey

casey Guest

The floating deck makes a huge difference on small residentials. I have both fixed and floating 36" and would never use fixed on residentials unless I know the property really well. The Toro floating 32" gear with T-bar looks great. Does anyone use it? Wish it came with hydro. Can they fit dual hydro on 32" frame?

8. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

where in canada you located casey???

What brand do you use??

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I used to have a 32" belt Scag and a 32" single hydro Ferris. Neither had floating decks though... but, proved to be good units.

Chuck

10. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

DANE makes a 32" hydro now.