32" hydro snapper pro commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Concept, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Concept

Concept LawnSite Member

I bought a 32" hydro snapper like this one a couple of years ago. I thought it would be a decent machine but as it turns out I am very unimpressed by it. It is clumsy and turns for s#$t. The machine has no more than 25 hrs on it I hate using it so much. Has anyone else had any experience with one of these mowers? Does anyone have any suggestions for better WB unit. I have two grasshopper and I am think about getting rid of the 48"er but I would like to have decent mid sized WB before I think to seriously about ditching the little grasshopper

Pro32.jpg

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Ferris 36" version of that mower and it is difficult to work with. Mine is going on 3 years old now and it has about 50 hours on it. It suffers from a lack of independant braking and I'm trying to figure out something for it but I haven't come up with anything simple yet.

3. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

This is good info for me....I've considered the Ferris 32" Hydrocut,
    and the Quick 36...but for the reasons you guys stated, I will probably
    bump up to a dual hydro machine. Both of the above units seem solid,
    but more for specific applications IMO.

I love the price points of both, the newer thumb controls on the Ferris,
    and the compactness of the Q36.

Very tempting until I read about machines with low hours cuz the guys
    hate using them.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You just bought the wrong snapper they have dual hydro units and we use two of them for mulching as well as Scag in the 36" size and they do just fine. All these units are around 6 years old or more and go every day.

5. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm looking and always come back to the snapper 36wb, is yours still going? how's it handle, cut (read somewhere about leaving strip of grass)? thanks

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The snapper is virtually the same thing as the Ferris isn't it?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The 32 Snapper hydro is almost identical to the Ferris. The 36" Snapper hydro is a dual hydro unlike the Ferris 36" hydro which is a single hydro.

8. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty much from what i see and , but been hearing about deck blowout on the ferris (don't know why but have idea).

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The thumb controls on the Ferris were terrible, worst idea anyone could have came up with!!