32" hydro walk-behind choices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wsryan, May 10, 2007.

1. wsryan

wsryan LawnSite Member

What are the recommendations to replace my 33" Troy-Bilt WB? I think I will go with the hydro now, but can't go wider than 32"-33".

2. climber

climber LawnSite Member

In most cases this depends on your dealers... What dealers do you have around you and how do you like there service? If I were to choose I would get a Ferris or Snapper.

Dan

3. wsryan

wsryan LawnSite Member

That is helpful...we do have both Ferris and Snapper dealers here. Any strong preference between the features of those two? (Unfortunately, nobody has anything in stock at the moment, which is when I would like to buy one!)

Thanks again!

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Your kinda in luck then, both Ferris and Snapper make a 32" single hydro drive mower.

5. wsryan

wsryan LawnSite Member

The good news is we have dealers for both...the bad news is that nobody closer than 200 miles has one in stock. I'll get up real early tomorrow and be back and running by noon maybe. ;)

6. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

You will not like the controllers on either of those mowers in my opinion. They are also too long. I wish Better Outdoor would make a 32". The Wright is by far the best of the lot though. They make a very good 32", but for the weight, the tires are way to narrow. You can put 2.5 inch wider tires on it, but the mower stills weighs 550 lbs I think.

I don't know why these manufactures cannot figure it that they need the widest tire they can put on it, not some skinny 6" or 8" wide tires..... They need a 10" min and 12 would be better. I want to use it in all conditions and soil types all the time.

7. wsryan

wsryan LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, everyone.

8. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

wsryan, did you like thje quick 36, if so you might want contact outdoor products first thing, if time get back to me,let me know how it went. :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: bare spot :cool2: out

9. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow... what a good idea!

You mean a lightweight, compact 32 that would go through any gate, have hydrostatic drive, weigh less than 250 pounds, be easy to use and cost less than 2-Grand?

BRILLIANT! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It'd also be nice if it had a great-cutting deep tunnel deck, could bag, had a quick-release mulch kit and offered the option of using a rider too...

But where could one possibly find such a machine?????

Man... if only some manufacturer would just listen to you guys once in a while... :waving:

gp:drinkup:

10. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

not to change the subject, but BOP how about something even bigger than the New Quick 44, like a Quick 48 or 52