32" Hydro WBH ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hickerson, Jan 28, 2001.

1. David Hickerson

David Hickerson LawnSite Member

I have done many searches on this question with no real answers. Who makes a 32" hydro wbh. It has to be 32 and nothing larger due to gate reason and size of property. I know that the cost is more than a belt drive but that is not what I want.

2. JeffC

JeffC LawnSite Member

this is not a walkbehide but Dixion make a ztr with a 30 inch deck and a 14hp engine that was made for getting through gates .

3. David Hickerson

Went to the Dixon web site. I really would like to stay away from Brigs & Strat motors though.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Dixie Chopper makes a 42" ZTR that will go through 36" gates. Part of the deck on the trim side pops off and you slip it back on when you get through the gate. It has the same hydro's that the bigger mowers have. Just another idea.

5. JeffC

JeffC LawnSite Member

I hear you I'm not brigs fan either. I thouhgt they had Kaws.But thats what i get for thinking good luck finding a unit

6. David Hickerson

Eric,
    Went to web site. I think I saw the one you mentioned but it says that it has a wheel base of 44in. "Fuzzy math" says it would not make through a 32in gate. Would you know of any other company that could work?

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

They make two diffent 42" models, one has the regular wheel base width and the 42/36" model has a 36" or less wheel base width. I have noticed several dementions on their site that are wrong. Call the 800 number and they will send you info on that model and they used to send out a tape on the jet too. :)

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We are able to jockey a 48" belt thru 36" gates without much problem. We just place the side of the deck thru the gate and pull it back firmly against the fence with the wheels tight to the post. Then we just let the machine pivot in place and the other end slides right thru (barely brushing). We have virtually eliminated the need for a 36 this way.

My .02
    Kris

9. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

Encore made a 32" hydro a while back. Haven't seen them at the dealer lately.

10. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

This part of the market is less than 1000 (out of 50,000) units annually. Most manufacturers will not spend the money to engineer & support this small of a market segment.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Barry