32" hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbankspc, Apr 4, 2008.

1. dbankspc

dbankspc LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anyone if anybody makes a 32" dual hydro walk-behind. Almost all of my gates are exactly 36" wide, my 32" gear drive barely fits.
    thanks

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Check out the Wright Stander- they have a 32" and more compact than a walk behind.

3. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

4. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

I have exmark 32 hydros but I think they quit making them in 06. I think wright still makes them but that is the only company...

5. dbankspc

dbankspc LawnSite Member

thanks for the replys. I acually aspire for a Wrght stander, can't afford it. I didn't think about them making a 32 hydro walk. They do, I checked, that may be the ticket.

6. lil_cote_93

lil_cote_93 LawnSite Member
    from ON

why are hydros so much better, sorry for the nooob question.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

dont have to worry about belts slipping when wet, dont have to worry about stopping to shift if you wanna go into a higher gear. instant reverse. is that good or shall i go on? :laugh:

8. Kilroy

Kilroy LawnSite Member
    from KY

I wish they'd make them again. Naturally, since they stopped making them, I've found numerous places where 32 hydros would work great. And, since I've had such great success with Exmark and my Exmark dealer, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy another brand. Might have to eventually.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We had two 32" Scag belt drive units and they seem to oka in wet conditions. We also had a 36" Snapper and it definitely did not work when it got wet. The pulley spring forces system on the Scag just seems better...with new belts I never seen any slippage in rain.

10. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member