32 inch vs 36 inch Texas/Houston

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gimp, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I need to buy a larger mower. It seems like almost ALL of my backyard fences are 32-33 inches Wide. Is there something I am missing with these 36 inch mowers? Everyone acts like they go into most backyards. Thank you for the help.

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Gimp i Know how you feell ,we have a ton of clients with 33 and 34 inch gates.Thats why we have a 32 in our set-up. Most homes built back in the 60's and 70's had 33-34 inch gated yards. Just like the standerd door on a house back then was 32 to 34,Most propertys built today have a 38-40 inch gate. Just like the standard door size is now 36. We dont even own a 36 inch mower have no use for it. 32'S and 60 inch Z'S.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HAY GIMP:

Ever come to West part of town ?

I mean WAYYYYY west...PAst Katy, north of Sealy....Bellvilleeeeeee...

4. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Nope, but I have a few small accounts at Clay at 6 - I am on the south west side, but have tons of accounts in west oaks and 4 over in Katy because I have an aunt out that way. What mower do you recommend bohiaa? Do you have a small trailer you want to dump?

60 accounts and growing :)

5. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

TNT - that makes a ton of sense. Most of the homes in my area are older. Thanks.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Well Out here in Bellville as you know were pretty country. even Brenham is still kind of Country. I have a 52" exmark that I cut dang nie everything with..
    However I was looking at the quick 36,

Dont think I will be getting one just yet....

I'm looking for a 6 x 12 landscape trailer now. if I find one I will be dumping my 5x10. But I dont see that happening any time soon...

Wondering if you know Mike Williams, He's out KAty way..
    Him and I sometimes get calls from outta our area so we give them to each other.....

7. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Nope, I am too new to know anyone. You are my only local landscaping contact now lmao

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...........O Boy are you in trouble.......

:laugh:

9. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Big time. 50+ accounts in three months - I am under a pile of paper lmfao

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

My 36 won't fit through at least half my gates and I hope that pile of paper is money:)