32 inch xmark... very disapointing.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomoaktree, Feb 27, 2001.

1. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Last year I bought the 32 in. ,10 .5 horse kohler. In order to start , the shifter must be in just the right place. It is a pain to change the deck height ,must take blades off and use spacers.Anyone have simmilar problems and or feelings?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't have spacers at the front wheels to change the cutting height?

3. tomoaktree

from WNY

yes it does have spacers in the front wheels . You must take the entire wheel off to change.Then you have a deck that is not level and thus not a good cut.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Is it like the 36" and all other fixed decks? You pull the pin, pull the top spacers off, pull the tire and shaft, change # of spacers, put back on.

5. tomoaktree

from WNY

Exactly. I would not suggest buying one.

6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Was that supposed to be difficult? How do other mowers change heights?

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is the way all fixed decks work. It only takes about 1 min. to change. You don't use the blade spacers for this, just the wheel spacers. I do not like doing it either, that is why I keep mine at the same height all year.

Your talking about the exmark being that way, but all fixed decks that I know of are that way. My 36" exmark, 48" encore and others.

8. tomoaktree

from WNY

I guess I just got used to the luxury of my floating decks.I could live with the deck if the darn thing was not so hard to turn over. I have a 15 kaw that is easier to pull start .That koler takes too many pulls and is too strenuous.

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not blame exmark for the engine...many on here have had trouble with kohler engines; most prefer kawasaki engines. Was it purchased new?

10. tomoaktree

from WNY

yes,I bought it new and was unhappy from the start,but what can you do. I will trade it in for an ultra vac I think.Dealer says expect a 15 % loss of what I paid .Better to dump it now .I figure I'll have less headaches and get more for it while it is still fairly new(10 months)