32" mower, lesco or other?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanak, Dec 13, 2006.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what you guys recomend for a 32" mower. I have some yards with small gates and a 36" mower will not work.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I like the Encores. Also see if they would split the cost of a bigger gate with you. I did that with alot of my customers and now I can get a 48 to 52 inch mower in their backyards.

3. dtrap420

dtrap420 LawnSite Member

I have a Scag that I really like. Also Gravely makes a 32" or a 34" ztr rider that might be an option to.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought a 32" toro t bar 4 years back to handle those size gates and it's been a poor choice. Oh, it mows well enough. But the mower is less productive than a 36" with floating deck and I'm down to just 1 or 2 lawns that a 36" wouldn't fit in via attrition over the years.

If you only have a handfull of lawns requiring a 32", you might want to consider using a 21" and eating the time or just dropping the accounts. You have to mow a lot of back yards to pay for a 32" mower. If you're buying it in lieu of a 36" and need one that size anyway, it may pay off better to get the 32", but I'd rather just pass on a lawn myself.

5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i was adding it up, i have 9 customers that i need the 32 for, stictly for the back yards, although it will get used more im sure. I had a 36 but sold it, so im buying the 32 as a replacment.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A used Scag 32" would be good for this situation. No chance of using a 21" unit for these, it isn't a lot slower?

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Gravely has a really well built 32", belt-drive walkbehind. some places had them for $1999.00, but prices have been going up.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Ferris Hydrocut? Another one to look at.

9. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

Go with an Exmark metro 32", whatever you do, don't buy a Billygoat walk behind. I had one for a season and it was horrible.

10. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i have heard good things about the gravely 32 and 34" walk behinds.