32" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jim Rostek, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Jim Rostek

Jim Rostek LawnSite Member

looking for a 32" mower to do miles of islands? Any suggestions? Doing them with a 21" is to time consuming? Your help would be appreciated....
  2. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I am assuming that the island is only 32" x1 or x 2 might as well just get a 36" the wheel base should be simaliar and you have that little extra for other jobs , have never heard of a 32" mower deck
    AK Lawn
  3. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

I have a Kees 32". It works very well. I had a M.T.D. 32" before it was pure junk. I use the 32" to get thru small gates.
  4. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Best 32" and only 32" hydro is the Exmark Viking.
  5. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Textron Bob-Cat makes a 32", I checked on it at our dealer a while back and it was $1900.
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

what would be the advantages to getting a 32 over a 22 or a 36?
  7. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

Take a look at the Exmark Viking 36in,or the Exmark 36in Turf Tracer. You will be impressed.
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I got a Toro 32" belt drive last year. It is a very nice machine and easy to handle.:)
  9. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I also have a 32 inch Toro. It is has a 12.5 Kohler and belt drive. I have had it for about 7 years with very little problems. These are great machines.

10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Scag makes a verysolid 32 belt drive with the 12.5Kaw. I don't own one but have some cutter friends who do and they use them for the same purpose as you stated. Marks Mowing Service