1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

32 or 36 Viking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by stoneseller, May 7, 2004.

1. stoneseller

stoneseller LawnSite Member
    from MD Z7

I'm looking to replace a Bunton 36" WB belt machine, and the Viking is the unit I'm leaning toward choosing. I have a lot of places the Bunton just barely fits through, and it doesn't have a deflecter installed. The Exmark brochure indicates widths of 43" and 47", deflecter down, for the 32 & 36 decks. I'd like to know the width with deflecter up, or deflecter removed with a mulching kit installed.

None of the 3 dealers in my area (Rockville,MD) have any 32" deck exmarks that I can see in person.

Thanks for your time, David
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The 36" is 36.4" wide with the discharge chute up. You can add another 1/4" or so for the mulch plate and mounting hardware. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you current belt drive "barely" fits. The hydro is much easier to fit through tight places because you have more precision in the controls.

It may be tough to find a 32" in stock in your area right now. Your best bet would be to ask them if the Exmark rep can bring his demo by or send me an e-mail to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your name, phone number etc. and the name of the dealer you would like to work with and I'll make some calls.

3. stoneseller

stoneseller LawnSite Member
    from MD Z7

Thanks for the info Terry. I think I will go with the 36. 2 dealers have told me they are pretty readily available, anywhere from 2 days to a week.
    I have to commend the Exmark design folks on the excellent handle layout of your WB's. I'm looking forward to no more scratched knuckles when mowing along beside wood fences on a incline!! ;o)

David AKA Stoneseller