32'' or 36'' wb What brand is best deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rob Mow Moore, May 17, 2006.

1. Rob Mow Moore

Rob Mow Moore LawnSite Member

I have 2 - 21" Toro Personal Pace Recyclers (not commercial) . Thinking of getting 32" or 36'' walk behind belt drive. Encore looks like the best deal to me for the money. Does anyone have any input ? Or maybe I should just get a commercial 21" I'm assuming it would cut better & faster than the mowers I have now. I usually mow by myself. Every once in a while I'll get someone to help me.

2. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

gravely 32" Wb is the best deal out there to me. They are built well and the prosteer is awesome. It will actually back up on its own in reverse, there are no other best drives that will do that.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i love the toro 32 t-bar

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

check out lesco i heard they are wicked good for what they charge.

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have a 44" Toro WB belt drive with a T-Bar. It's great. I am in the market for a 32 or 36, but am not sure what I will be getting yet, I am holding out for a good used 36 hydro, but I could get another Toro t-bar belt and be perfectly happy. The t-bar is great, I highly recommend it. Whatever you do, don't get belt drive with pistol grips, you will end up with carpal tunnel syndrome. You can pick up used Toro 32 and 36 inchers for around $1000+ (approximately what you would spend on a new commercial 21") so they are a great deal. You will increase your productivity tremendously with a WB.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The scag 32" belt drive is a good unit but might be a little pricey. YOu could pull yourself with it if you wanted to.

7. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I Love My Snapper Walk-Behinds .

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

As you can see, opinions are all over the place!
    Here's mine: Bob-Cat
    No matter which one you get, make sure you have a dealer that can and will take care of you.