1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

32" stander price and how much faster?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hermanator, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting a 32" wright stander 17 horse w/ electric start for $4,495.00 with no catcher. is this a good price or not?

How much faster is this going to speed us up? we are currently doing 30-32 lawns per day average with 3 man crews in 10-11 hours with 21's. Can we do 40-42 with 3 guys and the 32"? Need the 32" due to gate issues.

plan with the 32" is 1 guy start weed eating right away. 1 guy with a 21" opens all the perimeters with 2 trips around, while the 32" guy starts back and fourthing it. first guy done grabs the edger, then next guys done grab the blowers.

Can I expect any problems with rutting and losing accounts do to the rutting factor, even if it is not too bad but the HO's impression is that it is? I hate to lose any accounts that we have built up, but I am trying to increase efficiency. If we lose some, maybe less then 5%, then thats ok I would think. Will be cutting mostly Bermuda (99%)

thanx

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Seems like a good deal I'll call my dealer and see what he's selling his for. I know that a 36" Stander goes for $5550 w/ catcher. Your way of running the crew is good and as for rutting if you make K turns it will help reduse them.

Just called my dealer thats a really good price. Around here they're going for $5200

3. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Not to worried about the turning as much as i am from just running back and fourth. It weighs 650 lbs dry and with me at 150, well it add's up.

any body else have any input?

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I just bought one in April, I have put just over 100 hours on it so far with no problems. I was also worried about rutting with the small tires but it is not an issue. It takes a while to get use to the touchy controls but after a few hours you will get the hang of it. It saves a bit time over my Walker but not a great amount. The only downside is that you stand pretty high and have to watch low branches with your head, if you wear a baseball hat(like me) your view of the braches are reduced.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you can use a 36" the Sentar sport has much wider tires. But if you need 32" this won't work.