1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

32 stitches later

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NC Scaper, Sep 2, 2004.

1. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

What a friggin day, just minding mu own business trimming hedges whn out of nowhere a dang German shepherd bites the hell out of my leg causing me to some how or another my hand hit the trimmer slicing it then to my leg right above the knee and finally stopped on my left boot, but I managed to pick it back up and trim his dang arse. (other than that I had a great day). Well I just needed to tell someone.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I am sorry to hear that! Good luck with the healing process...
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, sounds like you were pretty lucky, could have been a lot worse. Hope you heal quickly, was it your customers dog?
  4. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

No, I don't know whose dog it was, but wheni finally got to the docs office they thought I had been in a knife fight LOL, The local animal control caught the dog and so they are gonne test it for rabies, I really hope that thing aint got that mess. But I will know something in the morning though.
  5. jaytee

jaytee LawnSite Member

that sucks..i hope you trimmed him a new one.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a rough day but I'm glad you basically okay.

It's too bad for the dog though. You do know how they test for rabies don't you?
  7. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Be sure and give the dog owner the bill. Hope all is well on your part.
  8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. Did you really trim the dog too?
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

yeeowch, I can just imagine standing there with the trimmer humming and feeling like you are a human dog bone in a split second.
    Did they ever find out who owned the dog?

Hopefully they did and they will be picking up the tab for all the medical expenses you have to endure. Did you get a tetnus shot also or were you up to date?
    I love animals but only love them when they love me. That dog should be put down.
    I wish you a fast recovery.
  10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had a neighbors pit bull come at me one time will i was trimming around the house. need less to say he didnt like that .95 line buzzing in his face. I think that is the only thing that saved me that day, Hope you get well soon