32" to 38" Mower, Help Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbell6, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dbell6

dbell6 LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

I am looking for a small ZTR for personal use. I recently looked at the scag Z Cat and was a little shocked when the dealer told me $6k is there anything better out there? Price, quality ect. I would also like the a mulching kit.

I am basically looking for a mower that I can start one or twice a week, and not have any problems with it.

Dustyn

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

How large an area do you need to mow ??? A quick 36 is cheap and very reliable and the cut quality is second to none

3. dbell6

dbell6 LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

Its only 3/4 of an acre. which I have been mowing with a SP Snapper. I just want to be ablt to mow the lawn faster, with a great cut and not have giant tire marks from the mower.

I am looking for a sit down model

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

its a single hydro w/b ...not huge tire tracks and it's not going to break your bank account quick36.com

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

If you want something that is commercial and you ride on it expect to pay at least 5k. If you want a homeowner ZTR they start in the 2500-3000 ballpark.

6. dbell6

dbell6 LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

Thanks for the info. I am mainly looking at a sit sown unit and think I have decided on the hustler Mini Z 36. I see on this site that a striper kit is available, however I do not see this on Hustlers website?

7. alot2lurn

alot2lurn LawnSite Member

I think Scag still has there deal going on where you can get a a 48" Tiger Cub for ~6K.It's a commercial mower thats built like a tank.I'm very pleased with mine.The actual deal is $ 122 a month for 48 months for the 48' TC w/ a 24 hp. Briggs ELS engine . There are also quite a few accessories to be had for this mower striping kit ,mulcher , bagger etc.Just my $ .02 but I'd spend a little more and get commercial quality and a bigger deck to boot.