1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

32" toro vs 32" snapper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by True Harbor, Mar 15, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Should I got with a 5 year old 32" toro belt drive with t-bar or a new 32' snapper hydro. 1000 for the toro and the site has the snapper listed at 2699. I've demoed the toro and like it so I'm not sure if the single hydro/controls/new unit/height adjustment of the snapper is worth it. If you can help me out it would be appreciated thanks.
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Wouldnt you rather have a new mower versus an old one, less breakdowns, not as many problems?
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You would also get a warranty with the new machine! Though, the design of that machine is quite cheesy IMO! The Toro mowers are a tried and true design and you can't beat the T-Bar steering!

Demo the snapper and see which you like better! Do you have any other dealers in your area? I would see what the dealers have for sale. You may be able to finance a NEW machine.
    Why are you looking for a 32"?
  4. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yea the design on the snapper is kind of stupid, and it looks very similar to the ferris hydro cut. Maybe you should think about buying the toro brand new.
  5. bobbycat02

bobbycat02 LawnSite Member

I have owned a toro belt drive 36 1st season no problems ,it was kind of slow very heavy had cloth bag i recommend the acclerator catcher to go with it 2nd season no problems,3 rd season transmmission went also transmission bearings spent over 900.00 to fix next season sold it for 1500.00 cash bought a 36 bobcat never a problem so far its on its 4th season i also own a snapper 36 hydro 2005 model easy to drive backs up nice with a single wheel sulky tracking adj at your finger tips a snap to run very fast great cut go with a new hydro i know its an extra 1000.00 for it but your body will thank you later for it. good luck hope this info was helpful.
  6. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i would go new if u ask me theres more to it...even having a dealer to go to if something goes wrong...but why not a new toro then...shop for prices all around dont just go with one that has a low price look at everthing...