1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

32" Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.Henderson, Mar 24, 2002.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Well, I am purchasing my first commercial mower this week. I have read the forums, did my searches and still wanted a few more definite answers.

1. Does or does not, 32" Toro have a mulch kit and if not, does anyone make a aftermarket kit for it?
    2. How is bagging with Toro?
    3. How is cut?
    4. Is 2400 good price for 32" fixed deck?
  2. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Oh, and I forgot to tell you the only other dealers that I have found in town are Derby, Sapper, Deere and Lesco. At least the only ones I have found. I wish there was a Exmark dealer around.
  3. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Good mower. I have a Toro 32" float deck. I love it.
    In & out any gates. All around great mower for beginners.

Hope that helped........

+ mulching kit....:D
  4. Buffalo1

Buffalo1 LawnSite Member

I also have the 32" float deck; good mower. I started to go w/ the fixed deck but the float deck is more versatile as far as height adj.
  5. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I am now considering buying a 32" or 36" toro with a fixed deck. The question I have is about the t-bar. I have searched this, but mostly found that either they like it or they don't. How does it work? How do you turn with it? It looks like it would be harder to turn than the pistol grips.
  6. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have the toro 36 fixed and a buddy has a toro 32 and exmark 32. Personally i like the tbar. Your hands dont get clipped by fences, walls etc when trimming near them. The tbar can be run with one hand. To turn you pull back one side on the tbar and stop the wheel. Around tight landscapes, the pistol is the quickest if you have the strength to break it and pull back, but the tbar has a "real reverse." the tbar leaves your arms less tired after an hour or so. It is real easy to learn and drive. I havent tried the ecs but will april 20th at the exmark open house and i will report back with my comparison to the 3 types. Any other questions feel free to email me at bballpatd14@aol.com

ps prices for me are exmark 32 with 12.5 kawi-$2200
    36 with 12.5 kawi - $2400 and with the 15 kawi - $2600

for the toro 32 with 10.5 briggs - $2000 12.5 kawi $2200
    for the 36 fixed with 12.5 kawi i paid $2200 but now it is like $2450.
    bags are $239 and will fit either machine.
  7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about the bag but mine came with a cover and mulch blade. If you want the high lift blade it is extra about 15 bucks.
  8. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Toro 32" Proline w/T-Bar. Not hard to operate
    great machine. I can not give you info on Pistol grip, never used one?

Like I said for beginners you can not go wrong with the 32"

#1 it will go threw any gates.

#2 it will always be used forever, as far as getting in & out of
    gates that a 48" will not fit threw.

All together it's a great mower for all around use....

9. swn

swn LawnSite Member

After reading a lot about the t-bar and the toro's, I will probably be getting one. I was quoted the same prices as dlandscaping for the toro's. Thanks for the information.
  10. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Just purchased a 32" toro with a 10.5hp briggs and T-bar for $1999. Seems like the best way for me to go. I think it will be great for small areas and islands to go along with 2 grasshoppers. Only thing is, since hardly no one around here uses walkbehinds, it had to be ordered so I will have to wait about week to get it .