1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

32" walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Jan 16, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

got the big one, now need a 32" for gates.. any suggestions??

looking at exmarks 32" gear
    bobcats got a 32" gear
    snappers got a 32" gear also

snappers also got a 32" hydro: MSRP=$2700,,, does anyone know anything about this one... stay away! or good buy??

any other hydros same size?? 36" is too big
  2. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

belt drive....fits through gates.....had mine for 6+yrs well worth it!
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This isn't much help, but I bought a used mtd 32 last spring from Tiedeman. That thing works great for getting inside the smaller gates around here, and it has opened up my ability to service gated lawns. Mine's a belt drive and it worked fine for me.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Last Year You could have got an eXmark 32" DD Hydro...Only 32" Dual Drives Left are Wright Velke and Stander....Snapper, Ferris are SD...Stay Away.
  5. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

The Snapper Is Same As Ferris I Think.well If It Is I Demoed A Ferris 32 And It Is A Fair Mower,but It Seemed I Had To Manhandle It A Little Much,it Had 22 Hrs On It And Was 1300.00.my Dealer Still Has It.i Then Checked On Exmark 36 Belt With Ecs Controls,now Keep In Mind My Main Mower Is A 60 Lazer,so This Mower Is A Backup-trim-steep Bank-customers Who Want Small Yard Baged Type Mower For Me,but I Love It,the Cut Is Great,steers Easy,has Reverse Assist(but Once You Use It A Little It Is A Piece Of Cake),and From What People Say They Will Last Forever.imo,if You Can Afford It,exmark Is The Way To Go In Any Size Mower.i Bought My Metro 36 For 2500.00 Out The Door.
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You're Correct...Snapper/Ferris Same Unit...I used one for a Week on our Props last Season...You Have to Manhandle too Much & Slopes&ditches are better off Taken w/21"s....32" Must be DD Hydro w/all the Turning on Small Lots or You Might as Well use a 21"...
  7. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

Also,i Want To Be Fair Although In Partial To Exmark,the Deck Height Adjustment On The Ferris Is Very Sweet,but That Is About The Only Sweet Thing I Found On My Demo.
  8. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

just cked toros website.. they have a 32" recycler gear drive "floating deck" with t bar... T-Bar Floating Deck... does anyone know of this one and have any opinions???.... has 13hp kohler.. id prefer kaw... is the floating deck better to go with even in a 32"...also have a 22" toro w/reycycler.. doesnt mulch worth crap.. can i expect the same with a 32" or not even the same thing?????
  9. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Toro Recycler is a homeowner mower, it's junk for commercial work. The 32" is a commercial unit and will be just fine. I think a fixed deck is fine for a 32" it is narrow enough that if you scalp it's your fault anyway. The 13 hp kohler is excellent but so is Kawasaki, it's pretty much preference. The T bar I have is great in the open spaces but you can't beat a pistol grip for manueverability.
  10. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I used the 32" before. It only had 1 big blade. Does not side discharge. Mulched ok. Bagged good. I sold it and went with a 36" exmark metro.