32" Wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by double e, Aug 25, 2003.

1. double e

double e LawnSite Member

We are pushing the 200 yard mark with close to 40 push mow yards- I'm actually making more money on push mows tha 1/2 to acre accounts- I'm getting $20- $35 for a push mow yard that we do in less than ten minutes- Plus we have a couple on every street- One dropp and hit 3-4 yards-

Next year I'm going to a a 4-6 cylinder truck, weld 2' beaver tail, add 4-5 ft. ramp- and do away with a trailer- and have a push mow crew.
    Right now we have 3 Toros (personal Pace)- I know Toro makes a 32" WB- but I think $2700 isd a little high priced- Any thoughts on a mower around 30"

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Quality cost - just like in your business you get paid to do a quality job. yes, the Toro maybe higher than some, but its the best

3. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I guess Im not knocking the price- but out of 40 push mows the 32" Toro would probably fit on 12 yards- probably overkill for the others.

So I'm looking for something a little cheaper- Or I'll just make the guys cut with the 21"

4. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Dump the Personal Pace for Toro 21"'s Prolines.

That 32" Toro belt won't save your guys any time on real small lots.

We do well over 200 small lots w/ 21" mulching mowers.

5. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Ultimate Lawn- whats the difference in the 21" Prolines to the Personal Paces

6. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

about $300 per unit

7. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Are they any faster?
    Stronger deck?- or what

8. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

They are the old Toro 3 speed tranny, cast deck, steel wheels (greasable), bigger bags. Yes they are a little faster. Which personal pace Toro are you running, steel or cast deck? There is a difference in those 2 trannys also. The 32" will be faster. Just in size alone its 2 strips vs. 3

9. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Try heaving a 32" belt around small tightly landscaped props all day & you will soon be back to 21"'s.

You also can't Get a Suzuki w/2yr Com. Engine Warranty on the Personal Pace.

10. Exmark 32" Viking hydro, go everywhere the pushers go.