32" wright stander

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Keith's Lawn Service, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Keith's Lawn Service

Keith's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I am looking to get some feedback before I buy a 32" mower for some small gated back yards, I was looking into a wright stander, Is there anyone using this mower ???
  2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 36" model and I love it...there is only 1 customer that I can't get it into the back...but fits most gates. I would go with the 36" if possible.
  3. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Keith - was looking at the same thing. Any information anyone?

Do you happen to know what kind of price tag accompnies this unit?
  4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. I bought it for the same reason. There's nothing worse than a huge backyard and a really narrow gate. I like my 32" stander. There's only one problem with it. It doesn't like going downhill on an angle. You'll slide uncontrollably on the slightest slope even on dry turf. Also, you have to be very careful when turning on the turf. The tires tend to chew up the grass. I don't know if you can buy a 32 with electic start, but I wish mine had one. There's been a couple of times when I shut it down next to a fence or wall and couldn't restart it without unlocking the pumps and moving it. If you're going to catch the grass, the grass catcher is sold separately and it's heavy, even heavier when full of wet grass. For what I use mine for, I really like it and would probably buy another. I paid about $4200 for mine but it was last years model that the dealer had left over. I think they go for about $4900.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got the Wright Sentar Sport 36" with Kaw engine, electric start, seat, and rapid height adjustment. We like the machine a lot. Never considered the 32" because it didn't have rapid height adjustment. You can stand or sit on the sentar and the seat is nice. Wouldn't want to stand or sit on one of these machines all day. The Sentar has wide tires and you can get off and walk it around when needed.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

How is it for standing on? We just became a Wright dealer and I have one sitting in a crate. It looks like the controls are very low for standing on it while using it.

The newer 36" models use wider tires than the older machines. I assume the 32's use the same tires as the older 36's since they narrowed the tractor part of the machine.
  7. craftsmanlover

craftsmanlover LawnSite Member

u need a craftsman zeroturn rider 42" deck. and the hydro pumps are great. awesome cut and everything else i would get one but i dont have the money. also u can put attachments on it. u cant do that to the to a another machine. and its a zero turn and it has great performance.
  8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Craftsman's are fine for the home owner but are not cut out for commercial use.
  9. Keith's Lawn Service

Keith's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have the 52" Sentar sport now, and the controls are made low for the sitting position. They feel great when standing. I always stand up on the perimeter cut and then sit and relax for the rest of the job. I will never go back to a walk behind unit again after my bobcat 48 is gone....
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you are 6 foot you have to lean a little to get to the controls. I assume they had to lower the control panel so that it fits well with someone on the seat. During the first few months most of the guys stood but I noticed the other day that they are usingthe seat. We have the real wide tires and that is very important since the hydro is sensitive and can spin wheels.