32 year old Japanese Maple tree

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by bobcat_ron, Oct 31, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

This Japanese Maple was planted 32 years ago when my parents bought this place, we have done ZERO pruning and maintenance on it and just let it grow naturally. There are some real looky-loo's that drive by on really bright sunny days for a good look.
    We have even been asked if there is an insurance policy on it, not sure why or how, but I'm sure that some one will want to transplant this tree when we sell the place.
    This is the show it puts on every October to early November.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

find the right client and I bet you could sell that for $20-$30K, figure here a 3-5' one sells in the $500-$700 dollar range.

3. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

ron great lookin japanese maple you got there. I love when they let grow the way they want to.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

looks good.thats one nice jap maple.

5. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

I have one about that size! They truly are beautiful. How would you go about finding someone to buy one of this size?

6. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

i love jap maples i got one and its about to turn the hot fire red

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, but NEUSWEDE gave me a pretty good price for it, so at the time of the property sale, that will really pay off the moving costs and finding the right person the buy it shouldn't be that hard.

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

that tree isnt worth more than $55 a cord. It has pathetic form with a capital P, the lack of pruning shows. No one who knows a bloodgood from a dogwood would buy that. Sorry to be the dick in the crowd though.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

nice looking tree If you ever sell the house and move I'd consider taking it with ya..

also check around for local theme parks...I know disney was real big on buying large unique trees...

10. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That is not worth 20-30K due to it's growing naturally.