32" Zero Turn For Mowing Small Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Porcupine Lawn and Snow, Jul 14, 2013.

1. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Only 2:45pm over here in Aus, so bit early for me to call it a night, but have a good rest all the same, Youll be ready for a new day when I hit the sack.

Cheers

2. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Haha! This is pretty cool how we get a bunch of people from all around the world to discuss different topics!! :canadaflag::usflag:*aussieflag*

3. stonny9

stonny9 LawnSite Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=359081&highlight=gravely+34"+tire
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=339582&highlight=gravely+34"+tire

4. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

5. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I also have 32 ferris hydro cut and it a great mower...like kajun said, it leaves a great cut! Its also easy to manuever and think it only weighs a little over 300lbs. Fantastic mower, paid 3400+tax brand new...

6. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

I'm gonna stick to my words of a Z because now I have lots of options of small Z's like I said before. But thanks anyways!!!!

Ontario FTW!! :canadaflag::canadaflag:

7. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Ya no worries man. Goodluck with the search!

8. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Many Thanks!

9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

If you go with the Gravely Compact Pro 34 you'll want to do the tire mod. The Compact Pro is more $ however the nice thing about that is if your main mower goes down you still have a Z to use. There were several guys on here who run the Gravely as their main mower, IIRC there was a thread where a member cut an acre in 17 minutes with the Gravely Compact Pro 34.

10. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

What sort of price is the Gravely 34?

It weighs 725 lbs, man that's heavy, definitely would need to do the tire upgrade! Almost twice the weight of the husky!

Not sure if Porcupine requires a catcher, but the gravely doesn't appear to have a rear mount bagger, it would be an accelerator. Only problem I can see with that is this makes it so wide, kind of defeating the purpose of having a narrow Z, ie trying to fit through a tree/garden bed while mowing or just a couple fruit trees planted together etc.

Im now trying to imagine the husky with those wide tires fitted, providing it doesn't make the machine too much wider for gates, then it would be an excellent mod!! could make the difference between mowing after some rain or not for the risk of rutting.