32inch with a sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

ok, how much do you think i should pay for a brand new 32inch fixed deck toro or exmark. wiht 12 1/2 horsepower. And also could you use a sulky with that. or would it just be better to get a 36inch??
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have used a sulky on a 13hp Kohler belt driven before. Never had any problems at all
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

$1999 to $2299 would be the range depending on the dealers. Yes it will pull a sulky.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

$2500 out the door for a toro t bar 32". Unless you need the gate clearance 32" gives, a 36" would be more well rounded, have twin drive belts instead of single, wider grippier tires, and a little more trim edge probably.

And yes, a 32" hauls a sulky around well, though you may need to buy the optional front weights to prevent lifting. $70 or so.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is a good point bruce, for which I forgot to mention. The front did bounce a lot more with the sulky. Basically you could just tip back the mower, and it would remain tipped back, that is how much the weight difference on the back made
  6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 32 Bob-Cat with a 12 hp Briggs. It pulls me and my Jungle Wheels around just fine. If you get JW's be sure to mount them right and it will help keep the front end down. Mine only comes up if I'm pulling a moderate hill and lean back. The simple solution is to lean forward.
  7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Exmark 36" with the 15hp go for around $1999.00 here. I would imagine a 32" with a 12.5hp would be significantly less.