33 in. Cub Cadet walk behind from Home Depot?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carolinaborn82, Apr 15, 2008.

1. carolinaborn82

carolinaborn82 LawnSite Member

I am wanting to upgrade my push mower to a self propelled walk behind. I am hearing good things about cub cadet equipment so I am wanting to know if the 33 inch walk behind from home depot would be a good purchase. It is priced at $1200. I know it is not commercial so would I be making a mistake, or is it something I should look more into?
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

it all depends on what you will be cutting. under 10 small yards and you should be o.k. over that and you should look at something more sturdy.
  3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

I think there is a sears craftsman model as well, in fact I think there is a hydrostatic version........... For light use, it would be fine. Anything more than a few yards and just take that money and invest in used commercial equipment... You can get a really nice machine for cheap if its used. You might want to look at Better as well.... for around $2000 you would have a very well built machine....
  4. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I myself wouldn't touch a briggs motor unit and that machine is pretty light for real mowing but if you can make a couple grand before burns up more power to ya.
  5. stick30

stick30 LawnSite Member

Thats where I started looking at.

But I found the Simplicity Pacer that you can get for $700-$800 more and get hydro, adjustable deck, electric start, floating deck and from what some say one heck of a stripe.

I was going to drop 3k+ on a Ferris Hydro or a Snapper Pro SW20 but feel this is a great value at that price.

They are all owned by B&S and look and have very similar features.

Note: the Snapper Pro is a dual hydro and very attractive at $3699 list.

With the 12 months same as cash option I am struggling which one to buy.

Good Luck.
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

simplicity uses alot of the commercial ferris parts in their machines. talk to your dealer and they can tell you more about them. goodluck.