33 Jobs to bid... Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjc47, Dec 15, 2007.

1. tjc47

tjc47 LawnSite Member

I got an e-mail today from a property manager and he said he had at least 33 properties that he wanted a bid on for the 2008 season. I am new at this. The jobs seem like city yards. How do I go about doing this? I really want the jobs, but I don't want to under bid.

What would you guys charge for 33 small yards for a project manager?
  2. michiganlands

michiganlands LawnSite Member
    from z 5

can you be a liiittle more ambiguous for me?
  3. tjc47

tjc47 LawnSite Member

It is for strictly lawn mowing
  4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like the first thing you need to do is turn off your computer, get your a$$ out of the chair and go visit 33 sites
    Then come back and say 12 are 15,000 sqare feet, 7 are 25,000 sqaure feet, etc.
  5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

They will go with the low bid.
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have two clients that have multiple locations, so what I did was visit each location, and treat it as a single job, bid it, then add them all up and there you go.
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you think they contacted a new business during the winter with snow on the ground at that.
  8. Dunn's

same as you would charge 33 yards for 33 homeowners. If not more for the hassle they are going to be. Always trying to talk down the price on services
  9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

You dont have 33 jobs to bid you actually have one job, its one owner. Dude your supposed to be in business, that would make you a business owner but based upon your thread it makes me wonder. As far as how to give bids, I think you should have figured that one out before you went into business, would you agree?
  10. Dunn's

I especially like the 10 years in business. If after ten years you don't know what to bid you never will.