33in billy goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOSLAWN, Jan 8, 2008.

1. JOSLAWN

JOSLAWN LawnSite Member

Thinking of buying for this year.Currently running scag ztrs but some real tight places cant get into. And several yards I got has to be walked some customs dont like the big mower on small yard.I have a JD jx75 21in really not impressed with this mower it will be 2 years old april probaly has 3 to 400hrs on it.Right after I got had to increase rpms dealers mistake then new trans.My scag dealer I think is the best not only a service man but as a person I mean this man Knows his stuff. Anyways he sells the billy goats I totally trust him 13hp 33in cut is a big jump from the jx75. Suggestions appreciated thanks

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'd get a Cub Cadet 33". Actually, that is exactly what I am gonna do this spring. Same situation, need something to use for tiny back yards and places that "have" to be push mowed.

3. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

the BG is a tuff unit.

OPEN diff easy to turn bad on hills....

I have one hated it at first cause of the cut quality but I fixed that and its pretty good now. New models are supposed to have a better cut. the deck it said to be more level. I had to make blade spacers on mine to make it cut better.

I have and do use the JD sb21 mowers the BG saved time and lots of power but LOTS of gas it could use a 8hp instead of the 13

4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a Cub 33" just before Christmas and used it a couple times to mulch a few leaves left on the ground. I really like it and am anxious to use it this spring and summer on my smaller yards where a ZTR is out of the question but a 21" takes a very long time.

5. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I too have a cub 33 and HATE it. You have to hold the handles down - lft side to go and right to ingage the blades. After awhile your hands cramp. It is too big for small yards and my 21 inch commercial honda is much easier to use, does a better cut and on small yards just as fast. if anyone wants a great deal on a cub 33 with about a 100 hrs contact me.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How much??

7. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Ooooooooooo! :nono: You are not allowed to post email addresses on this forum. :nono:
    Michael Donovan is going to edit this post.

9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Cub Cadet 33 widecut is prolly the best deal on a new small commercial mower. It cant be compared to a Toro WB or even a Quick but it can make you a whole lot of money for a small investment. Im surprised at the number of people who use only a 21. I dont even carry a 21. My smallest is a 44 Toro.

10. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The Cub 33" is a lot easier to use if you just rest your palms on the handles and don't grip the handles. I started off by gripping, but then relaxed my grip and used the weight of my arms to keep the handles engaged and it was very easy. I agree with you, delphied. I was wanting a Quick, but at twice the cost, I couldn't justify it with the size of my part-time business right now. I already figure to gross at least $3000 with my Cub this coming mowing season, so that's almost a 3:1 return.