33in Commercial Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Oct 30, 2000.

1. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know anything about the Stealth 33" commercial mower?

I would like to get a compact mower like this to use in some of my smaller gated yards. I used to use a Troy-bilt 33" that worked real good, but it was just not heavy enough for commercial work. I also liked the size. Not much bigger than a 21" mower except it is wider. And don't laugh at the Troy-bilt. When my truck was stolen that all I had to do my 40 yards with for about 3 weeks. Saved my business. :)

Thanks, Jim
    Here is a link for it if anyone else is interested:
    http://www.sutechusa.com/products1.htm

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Would never laugh at you.

I have used a 33" Troybuilt since they first came out with just the dedicated mulcher deck years ago. For the last three years I have had the newer combo deck design. It fills that small backyard niche very well. Would not trade it for anything!

Sorry, I cannot help with info on a stealth 33.

3. ericksonbrad@hotmail.com

ericksonbrad@hotmail.com LawnSite Member

the stealth looks very light duty as well. my sugestion is the ransome bobcat 32" or even 36" saw some at the minnesota state fair for like 1700 and 1800 brand new with kawasaki motors. maybe a little more money up front but well worth every penny down the road.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Stealth is very light duty. The parts it uses are proprietary right down to the blades which are a strange breed and impossible to sharpen from what I can see. You should buy one of the mainstream mowers such as Exmark, Toro, Scag etc.

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

The troybilt isnt bad at all for the money less than $1500 last time I checked. I have been running solo since august using it, and do about 35 lawns a week with it! I am looking to get a 48" but still will not part with the Troybilt.

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Funny you asked. As soon as I started to read your post, I looked at the turf mag. back cover and there it was. I own a 32" bunton. I like the 32", because it can fit in just about every gate there is made. I don't know how the stealth compares in price to others, but I do know the 32" is way higher in price than the 36". You might want to consider a 36", as compared to the 33 or 32. If your gates are wide enough, than it may just be cost effective to buy the 36.

7. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I was looking at the Great Dane 32" hydro on Alamia.com just a minute ago. It's 2000$, but might be an option. I also need a 32" for some gated back yards and the hydro part would be cool since most of these yards are on the smaller side. There was also a 26" by Kee, but it looks like crapola.

8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Lawnboy11,

Did you happen to see the fold down wing from great dane? It folds up to be a 32" walk behind to get in gates. Then it folds down to be a 48".....(pretty cool). What a clever piece of machinery like that goes for, I don't know....

9. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

cos, thanks for the info!
    I've never heard of that, but it sounds great!
    I guess that's the whole idea behind this forum.
    Best wishes to you too.

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a scag 32" wb belt and its a very good investment is PERFECT for smaller yarss. Has more then paid for itself in less then a month.