1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

34 bucks an hour for experienced people

Discussion in 'Employment' started by MarcSmith, May 21, 2006.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

wow 34 an hour and still cant find help. If I paid that here I would have lines miles long with guys begging to work. For 34 an hour I may even consider going to work for someone else and eliminating my headaches with labor and clients
  3. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

I just emailed her my resume!! :cool2:

:drinkup: Dennis:waving:
  4. MarcSmith

it will be a cold dark day in hell before I even consider moving to CA.....Of course i said the same thing that I'd never live up north again after living in florida...
  5. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

I like the comment about how rare white guys are in landscaping, the last time I saw one I almost drove off the road. Seriously though it's the same in south Florida, and getting worse, it's too expensive to make low wages and try to live. When I started in business you could buy a house cheap, not so now. Also most people cut their own grass, so my work was in irrigation. I guess with those tiny CA yards they can't use a tractor or skid loader? Nowadays it's rare to see a homeowner landscape or even their kids cut grass. Too many people are lazy and although I HATE the sun when I do outdoor work for myself or someone else now it's usually close to sundown or after dark. No wonder everyone I see is fat or getting there.
  6. MarcSmith

There are quite a few gringos in landscaping, they all just happen to be the boss or the owner...:) or in the case of solo op, owner, manager and workforce....