34' gravely prosteer G vs 32' hydro snapper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by True Harbor, Mar 17, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

which one would u guys buy new and maybe compare them if you have exp. Thanks

2. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

I have the gravely 34z, great for small/medium lots

3. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

I have the Gravely 34Z. I personally hate the mower, but that is my opinion.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

He is talking about a walkbehind mower, not a compact ZTR rider.

5. True Harbor

ya they're walkbehinds

6. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

I also have a 36" Gravely belt drive w/b, runs fine. The ferris 36"hydro seems kinda girlish to me. I prefer the grips.

7. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

I have a Gravely Pro-300 HYDRO 20HP w/36" SD Deck for sale if your interested. Only about 65-70 hours. Brought it as a back up machine and have hardly used it so I want to get it moved out. Paid close to $4000.00 for it, will sell for about half. Let me know if your interested. Thanks

8. True Harbor

I dont see any 36' with 20 hp on gravely's website can ya help me out? I was looking at 34' belt pro steer walk behind 13 hp kawasaki. even the hydro 36' only had 15 hp

9. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

My unit is about 3, maybe 4-5 years old. It was the design before they switched to the current design. It's built tough and will last. To test it once I took it though 3-5' high weeds...cut through it all in one pass. On lawns the unit will go through any height grass and chop it up very fine since it has a 20HP engine. You can even get 50, 60, maybe even 72" decks to fit onto the unit...just watch on ebay to check at different gravely dealers. I seem to see decks for it laying around every so often. I'd like to be it moved out before the season gets going so if your interested let me know. I can probably get you pictures of the unit sometime next week if you provide me with an email address. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Thanks

10. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

True Harbor still interested in this machine?