34" Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Jul 7, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone owned or used the 34" pacer made by Simplicity? My dealer is going to get me a demo. Seems like it would be perfect for what I want. regular 36" mowers are too pricey. This one is right at $2000.00 12 months same as cash and is a hydro. Comes with a 15hp electric start engine and mulch kit. I want it to use for gated properties and everywhere we currently use the 21". Any opinions? I'll let you guys know when I get the demo.

2. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

I've never used one, I see it on their site though. It's not a commercial mower, it's designed for a homeowner. It might suffice if you don't use it very often but otherwise I doubt it will hold up very well over time. Although I could be wrong on that, it does look like it is made reasonably well. I don't like that it uses a 12 gauge pressed deck. I'm guessing its warranty doesn't cover commercial use though, so that's another thing to consider.

For 2k you can get a 36 belt drive or a Quick 36 Single Hydro - at least the Quick 36 is intended as a commercial grade mower, and it's drivetrain design (single Hydro) is probably similar to the Simplicity.

3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably use it 6-8 times per week on small yards only. The reason I am considering this mower is due to the fact I have a great dealer and he is less than a mile from my house. I couldn't find anything about their warranty on the website though.