1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

34" ztr worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, May 22, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

The only reason i would want a ztr over a walk behind is that I bag almost everything. Walker is out of the question too, because the dealer isn't good. It needs to fit through gates, also. I was looking at the Dixon 34" black bear untill I looked at a post in the pictures forum. The cut looked pretty good, but people said that it was stupid to buy it for small properties. Any advise?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

get w/b wit a bagger

3. doubleedge

from ND

Aren't those little side baggers inconvienant? Do they bag as well as a impeller assisted ztr?

4. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

You bag? Why?

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

They are not good on hills but other than that I will run circles around a 36" walk behind. If you get a 34" ZTR then go Gravely or dont even bother. We have 1 whole postage stamp sized lawn that we bag. We have a grass gobbler for the 34Z.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont get the exmark 34" they just didn't get it rught with these machines

7. doubleedge

from ND

There are no gravely dealers around me that I know of. I mostly bag because I think it looks nicer, and I will use it to bag after dethatching.

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I beg to differ, I love my Phazer and would buy another in a heart beat. The Phazer combined with an Accelerator GCEX catcher is a great little combo, the 19HP Kawi has way more power than you'll ever need. I've taken it through grass that was thick and almost 12" high in places and the motor never bogged down.

9. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i demoed a phazer and loved it! ive heard the bobcat "FastCat" is pretty good too.... toro makes a 34" too

10. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 34 phazer and love it. I am thinking of selling my 34 walk-behind. It always stays on the trailer.