34z or "36 Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jun 10, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We heard Exmark is no longer making "32 Hydro. This upset us because we were going to buy the "32 Viking this Fall. Is this true? If it is, would an Encore 34z or an Encore "36 Hydro be a more profitable machine to invest in? Keeping in mine that we do 20 yards and a cemetary.

2. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

The addition of this new mower will be in hopes that we raise our clientel level to 30-35.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely makes a very similar 34" ZTR that has so far seen better reviews.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't hear anything about them stop making the 32" viking. Might I suggest looking at a Wright velke mower. They make one that is 32" wide. I might replace my 32" metro with one next year. Its a very heavy built unit.

5. brucec32

I was shocked at the high MSRP prices on Velke mowers. Perhaps they're heavily discounted. I would have expected an unproven new design (in the marketplace) to be more attractively priced to build "buzz" and word of mouth sales.

I would assume that even if they didn't keep selling 32" Vikings, you could still find a leftover somewhere in the supply chain this Fall.

I would certainly ask the Exmark forum about this.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Bruce I hate to ask. but are you against all wright equipment.

The velke mower also is built twice as heavy as a normal hydro. Which makes it have a slightly higher cost.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The 32" Viking is Discontinued....I got Mine Before it was Too Late!

8. brucec32

They do appear to be well built. But let me ask you, just what are you doing to your mowers to need them to be able to survive a drop off a cliff? Having mower demolition derbys on weekends when things get boring?

Is it anti-Wright bias to not want to pay nearly $4400 for a freakin' 32" mower?????

9. Itsgottobegreen

No not demolition derbys on weekends, just wheely pulling contest. 300 or more feet on the real wheels of a stander. If you saw how bumpy some of my properties were you would need a heavy built machine. By the way I drove one of my standers off a 1.5' high wall onto black top. I slide on a hill do to it was raining.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

32" Stander is in the Works & I believe there May Be an Adjustable Control for Walkbehind Operation.....

That will Cost Well over $4400 & I'll Gladly Pay it! Small Lots...Big Payoffs!