$35 per man hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 3, 2006.

1. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I don't "make" money...I 'earn' it...

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Please explain then.

3. PGA

Ok bobby, how much do you charge an hour when you go out on a job solo?

4. Splicer

Question #1...No
    #2...No
    #3...Yes

You better smarten up bobby...If they put 4 guys on the job for 1 hour that is $140/hr...Pay each man $10/hr and you just made $100/hr, well above your $1/minute...Damn near twice that...and he didn't have to lift a finger...top that:hammerhead:

5. Splicer

Does it matter? I charge (and get) $55/hr tho...:weightlifter: :usflag:

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

no YOU BETTER smarten up. unless u have those guys working non stop on site all day long, every day, you''ll get your but whooped

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

when i go solo? it can vary anywhere from $50-$150 an hour. BUT, genius, on myself, i don't pay- matching payroll taxes, workman's comp, or payroll fees. when u get employees, you'll understand, till then, don't even try

8. PGA

Obviously it does. Youre charging $55.00 an hour. How much are you bringing home? You can drop over 30% of that right off the bat for taxes. IF youre doing it legally. Now your down to $38.00. Then knock off expenses like gas, insurance, maintenance. Your probably bringing home $25.00 an hour.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Remember, this is all if youre doing it LEGALLY.

And would you look at that. That 25.00 is less then the guy charging $35.00 a man hour in my other scenario.

9. Splicer

I'm legal buddy...insurance, workmans comp, the works:weightlifter: ...You obviously do not know what it takes to make a living. If you think a guy charging $35/hr is doing better than a guy charging $55/hr, you don't know math too well...not to mention that when you are legit expenses come out of the company, NOT my pocket...

Deductions, deductions, deductions...:cool2:

10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

bobbby first time im not agreeing with you

if he working 40 hours a week he mking "72k a year" not many jobs out there paying 72k a year and if he has 5 trucks all day im sure he making more money than you or I with only 1 route charging more hourly

not everyone for some reason is out there to become filthy rich they are happy making $50k a year and living a basic life