$35 per man hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 3, 2006.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

ahh solid $10 an hour. someones either paying cash or doesn't know the cost of doing business!!!!!

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

tell him aintnofun! these people are in fairy land. in a perfect world, $35 pmh would be fine, so long as all day, is spent on that time clock. but, condsider travel time, rain slowdowns, and unexpected stuff (breakdowns, etc) that $35 turns into china mans pay real quick

3. MJM

MJM LawnSite Member

Don't know Bobby......

My billable is $35/hr....I seem to be doing pretty good for myself.

Mark

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

And apparently that someone is you... MY equipment, MY trucks, MY fuel, MY insurance...$10/hr is fair wage to ride a mower for a 17 year old that has no expenses...

5. Splicer

bobby!!! You decided to not get your toenails clipped tonight!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I compare it to driving. Speed limit is 70 but with all the lane changing, grandmas, etc.. by the time you get to your destination you averaged 55. If you shoot for $80/hr by the time you drive, eat, pee, return calls, go on estimates your averaging $45-5o/hr. If he is billing $35/hr he is selling labor only. I guess I didnt see in the orignial post where he was billing per man per hour. The ad came across to me that he was charging a flat $35/hr no matter how many gringos were unloaded. Just my .o2stupids

7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What do you mean no expenses. You listed equipment, trucks,fuel, ins. Do these things grow on trees where you live. If so can you send me one of those trees. Been looking all my life for one of those. Oh if you happen to have a money tree send one of those too. Thanks

8. Splicer

The topic title...:hammerhead:

9. Splicer

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: READ man READ :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I said the guy PAYS $10/hr to a 17 year old that has NO expenses. ALL expenses come out of my poc...aaaaah, whats the use:dizzy:

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

so your actually paying the 17 year old $6 plus an hour AFTER you pay your 30+% labor burden?