36" 48" or 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, May 18, 2005.

?

What size mower to get

1. 36"

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. 48"

47 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. 52"

70 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Please Vote. I'm looking for another mower soon. new or used. I have an 48 tthp with sulky. i do not have any customers with gates. lawns are between 15,000-35,000 sqft. what size 2nd mower would you get?.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if you don't have any gates, the choice should be simple. get the mower with the largest deck. you already have a 48" for those "tighter" areas, so I would go with the 52".

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

A SuperZ, 60" 28EFI

With no gate restrictions, get a 60". Very little more money than a 52, and a lot more productive.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good point, my thoughts exactly.

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

52" Wright Stander

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if we are going to recomend mowers, I would say get a Z. you already have a walkbehind, and the Z will go where ever a walkbehind of the same size will, excluding the hills.

I vote grasshopper 225w/52" deck. I would not wast my money on a liquid cooled for such samll property's.

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

it depends are you a solo operator?

8. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

60-62" . Our first set up was a 36" and a 62". Worked great! One account was two stripes w/ 62", string trim, blow, go! Very kool to be effecient.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

OF the 3 sizes listed, I would think another 48''. Maybe the same engine and set up. Why you ask? Well your stripes will match in all your yards, 1 oil filter for both engines, The same blades will interchange with both mowers. The downside is I might choose a 36'', cheaper to purchase and you never know when a new customer may have a gated yard. A couple of ways to look at it, just my 2 pennies worth

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

If they are all Kawasaki engines, the oil filter issue is no issue: they all use the same filter.